Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A VIRUS (ME) + BROKEN PARTS (COMPUTER) = NO BLOG


I think I'll save the computer company rant for some other time. Let's just say that each time they send me an update, the computer runs worse. In fact, it no longer burns CD's or reads simple texts like it did when I got it. A while ago, it needed a simple part. This town, being the great metropolis that it is, lacked it. I bought the wrong one and hey...if anybody lives here they're welcome to it. I then meant to drive to purchase the right stuff but then something happened.
I never get sick. But, I was waiting for the plumber to show. I had worked nights and at two in the afternoon I decided that I had best get to bed. I had to go into the crawl space to turn off the torrent of hot water. When I climbed back up I felt odd. Suddenly, I felt like the guys on the Apollo missions must have felt when they got sick in space. There was no gravity and no direction. I hit the floor and had to crawl to bed where I felt nauseous and where I stayed for the rest of the day. When my friend drove me to the clinic two days later it turned out that I had picked up a viral infection which had caused a fluid imbalance in my inner ear. I wasn't allowed to drive and I wasn't allowed to go to work. It's a good thing I had a lot of sick leave in the bank.
Anyways, I am now playing catch up. The house is a mess. I had to track down the plumber who had forgotten about me. In the meantime, I am surprised the neighbours did not report me as having a grow operation. The windows in the bathroom were totally steamed up. I decided to take advantage of the situation and hung clothes in there to steam out wrinkles and perk up plants. It looked suspicious.
The car repairs ended up being more costly than expected. And kitty took off the other day too. I opened the door to feed the stray, who happens to be his Dad. The cat inside is feral and quick and since my balance is still not 100% he slipped by me. I didn't sleep for two days worrying about him and feeling guilty. Finally, he came back. One good thing in a run of really crappy events.
So, I have ammunition for blogging on bad behavior in Doctor's offices but I need to catch up on e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment