Thursday, December 26, 2019

Who Knew?

They look so content as they walk on a beach in Finland.  All appears calm.  That's my grandfather on the far right, with my grandmother at his side.  They are walking with friends.  The man in the hat looks like he'd be a fun guy.
.
In a few years, my grandfather was dead.  He died in the war, 
fighting for Finland on the Russian front.  He was a man who loved playing his violin.  He enjoyed writing and drawing pictures as he did so.  My grandmother was left a young widow and my mother never got to know her Dad, as only his body returned.
.
In the photo below, he is playing with his siblings.  BTW, notice the cat.  I guess it's a genetic thing.  His sister's husband ended up  also dying, according to Mom, on the front.  As a result, she suffered with emotional issues.  As to the younger boy, he too did not survive, if I recall what my mother told me.
.
The wages of war effect and destroy many.  Let's hope there's a chance for Peace on Earth, although I doubt it.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment