Thursday, March 10, 2011

BULIMIA BARBIE WASN'T BAD ENOUGH


Are these the newest tween role models? From the makers of Barbie, now there are dolls that 'need to wax' Mail Online
.
(Photo mailed to me and was part of a series of photo-shopped pictures of dolls. I would love to know who did it, because i would like to give credit.)
.
`
`````I'm always curious as to why the dolls of today have these bizarre body shapes. Barbie, while having breasts that were huge, at least had a body that looked something akin to what a normal person had. Sure, you'd have to visit Heidi Montag's plastic surgeon to get it, and make a pact with the devil, but it was realistic. The dolls of today are always Gumby dolls. They're like what you'd see in a funhouse mirror.
`````What's up with the big heads? It's not like they have big brains in there. I hardly think that they're pondering the meaning of life. Nope. It's probably something along the lines of, "Boys are cool." Or, "She's not pretty. Let's pick on her." Deep and profound thoughts like that.
`````I understand the monster motif, as kids are into that today. But really, do we need the 'ho costumes? Could these dolls kick any butt wearing those shoes? Could they run after their prey in heals and platforms? I think not. As the article states, they could shave their legs. At least it's not a Brazilian...yet.
`````I had taken my mother shopping about a year ago, as she doesn't drive, and we were looking for a gift for my niece's birthday. I came upon something called Nascar Barbie. Near it, was an actual clothing item with spangles, rhinestones, and the message "Hot Stuff". It was for a little kid and was in purple and gold. I picked it up, as well as the doll and showed my Mom. "Oh look, White Trash Barbie and clothes for the Prostitot." There happened to be a woman nearby and I thought she was going to choke to death laughing. Little did I realize that you can actually buy Barbie with a tramp stamp now too. Who knew?
`````I don't think that buying the doll makes a bit of difference, as it's the daily messages that count. Most of it gets picked up at home; what's important---education or looks. I had Barbies when I was a kid and I came up with some pretty intricate story lines for her. She never needed Ken to rescue her from some calamity. This doll is just a new take on the same old thing. They always need something new to market.

No comments:

Post a Comment