Friday, March 18, 2011

`````In today's blog, I want to provide an introduction to a new writer and a new novel. I've provided the link to his website. Via this site, a person can link onto his blog. If you've read my earlier posts, you've actually met this individual before. You see, he is the owner of the cat that I baby-sat; that's right; the very one that lunged at me and bit me. In fact, the feline actually makes an appearance in the book under an assumed name.
`
`````Scott has spent time in Africa. One of his messages on my answering machine was an aural postcard from the dark side. I have a large scale photo of a lion on my wall, which he took, and a fabric artwork which hangs over my chaise. He still carries the remnants of the malaria. He loves the place, nonetheless, and has managed to translate that onto the page. His website carries his biography and describes the work he did in Africa.
`
`````Scott also has a Facebook page, and he details how to find it on his site. Evidently, he's included some of my road trip photos in the bunch. It's a public account, so anybody can look at the pictures. Except for me, of course, due to the computer issues of which I've blogged (my inability to access my Facebook account).
`
`````In his most current blog, he has a photo of his ultra violet tattoo, as people wanted to know if it really exists or if it's merely a myth, as it is discussed in his book. Trust me; it's real. We were once in the Haunted House around Halloween (I'm an aficionado), and he got stopped by somebody who was heavily inked. A crowd gathered with questions.
`
`````I am so proud to see that his book is available at Amazon.com in numerous countries, as well as Barnes@Nobel, I Universe, some place in Croatia, Chapters and other outlets. He's lucky enough to be going to the London Book Fair.
`
`````The plot itself is outlined on his site and at the points of sale, but in brief, it is an action/adventure. However, it is more than that, as it is also about a man who seeks to find redemption. It's about an individual who seems to have everything in life, yet realizes that he has has nothing, because he lacks hope.
`
`````Scott is an interesting person in other ways. In August 2000, he went on an expedition to Norway. It actually made CNN and was a very big story over there. It was known as the GUST Expedition, and they were looking for a legendary sea creature. Scott is also a very good diver. It was quite a risky endeavour, as the water was so cold that it was as thick as one of those frozen 7/11 drink treats when a certain level was reached.
`
`````Again, I hope you check out his website, blog and Facebook page.








Scott D Covey

2 comments:

  1. Is this the book that you helping to edit? May your friend have much success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky enough that he let me proof read. It was so interesting to see it develop in all its stages. But, having to remember the rules of proper English is another thing. He has always been funny and great at telling stories. Now he got it down on paper.

    ReplyDelete