Saturday, October 30, 2010

HALLOWEEN VIDEO OF THE DAY-THE SHINING

















This is one of the best horror movies. It's beautifully filmed and the acting cannot be topped. I've added some artwork by Damien Loeb, who will run with a topic in his work. In his set which includes this painting (Room 237), one feels that they've been in the place before; it is oddly familiar. It takes a while to realize that it is a scene from a horror movie. I love photorealist work and Mr Loeb one of the best.



There's a sense of pathos to the character in this movie, as the acting is done so well. He is tormented by what is happening to him. Jack Nicholson mastered this part.



The music is the soundtrack to "28 Days Later'. I put this soundtrack on when I am in a certain mood or if I'm writing something which requires just that sort of ambience.

Everytime that I watch "The Shining", by the way, I want to go on a roadtrip. I want to head to one of those old world hotels, like the one at Banff or Lake Louise. By the way, one of my best drives involved a quirky, odd place called "Three Valley Gap." Many are offended by its aesthetics as it's hardly five star, but I love the odd. The owner purchased actual buildings from the turn of the century ghost towns and rebuilt them---exactly as they were---items included. It's like a museum, but it's the entire town. Since the time I was there, a large train museum has been added. This is probably why I've lost my travelling companion, as people who have read earlier blogs can atest. Trust me; Google "Three Valley Gap." There's a gnome garden amongst ivy inside the hotel, with plastic parrots hidden in the branches. The pool has a large mural of the Titanic behind it. One of the rooms is called "The Cave Room" and is made of rock. This is heaven for a vampire at heart like myself. At the entrance, a tree grows through the rafters, as they didn't want to cut it down when they built the hotel. They built around it.
I don't have many photos as I took pictures with a regular camera. It's a bizarre place, often furnished like somebody's den. Hey, I love the offbeat and odd. I really want to go there again and explore that museum. I will post the pictures below because STINKING MICROSOFT JUST ERASED HALF OF MY POST. I HAD TO REDO IT. AFTER I TRIED TO UPLOAD THE PICTURES USING BLOGGER, I GOT THE INTERNET EXPLORER PROBLEM MESSAGE AND THAT WAS THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment