Thursday, October 28, 2010

KLEPTO OR OCD?









`````I kept buying toy mice and they kept disappearing. My black feral has a real fondness for these toys. Like a dog, he'll chase the mice and return them to me. Another version of the game is that I'll toss the toy towards him and he'll jump up and catch them. All I have to do to initiate the game is make a "squeakie" mousie sound and he'll come running from his secret cat cave.
`````He did not want to share, however. He'd pick up his new gift and growl at any other cat who approached him. He'd watch as I placed the rest of the package into the kitchen cupboard. A while later I would hear repeated banging, as he tried to open the door with his paws. These are solid cupboards, but it was only a matter of time before I'd walk into the kitchen and find the door open and the cupboard bare.
`````Well, I have discovered the stash; the answer to the riddle. Ollie had shoved the toy mice into the chaise. There were about 20 toy mice pushed very far down into the confines of the chaise itself. When I lifted up the chaise, there were about 30 more well placed under the chair itself. In so doing, he had done some shredding. Thanks, Ollie. There were a few balls there, but it was only the mice that he selected for storing in this area.
`````Oh, the scowls that I got when I took out his treasure.
`````What I want to know is this: is this a case of OCD or is he a klepto?

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you're alright, I was getting worried. By the way my computer is starting to crash. I think Vista was made only to last so long before it messes with your computer and forces your hand into buying a new one. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine had crashed after one month. It's never been right. Story of my life. But, with car problems, plumbing problems and now Christmas gifts (ugh), there's always some money issue.

    ReplyDelete