Tuesday, April 19, 2011

BATH TIME IN A RARE SPRING MOMENT



It snowed at the start of the week.




When it cleared up the next day, I saw these two guys at the pond.




This robin decided to hop in and take a bath.






He is giving me the side-eye; as though I've disturbed his quiet time.








I was nice to see the frogs out. There used to be alot more here,

but since many of the wetlands are disappearing, they are too.










There was actually snow mixed with rain when I got off my graveyard shift this morning. Yesterday, we'd also had a thunderstorm which was strong enough to cause what I call a

"group run." Like a herd of scared cattle, my cats will sometimes bolt as though they were one creature. . If one starts to run, it will trigger a chain reaction. So much for the 'pitter patter" of

little feet. When Sandburg wrote that "the fog comes on little cat feet," he had obviously not met

my tribe. That would have been one noisy fog, indeed.












No comments:

Post a Comment