Sunday, May 17, 2015

A waterfall, a wetland and a cat....

This was made by Picassa and I'm sharing.
.
I wanted to post the entire thing here, but I can't.  I guess if I was more proficient with computers  I could.  I admit I'm shirking the cleaning of the liter box duties.  One of the cats is missing and it gets ugly....fast.  They (Google)  also created a couple of other scenes, but since they contain images of people I was on vacation with, I can't (or won't)  post them.
.
Just click on the link and it will take you to my Google site.  Here's a brief explanation as to the name.  I wanted a gender neutral name, as I like to comment on sites about trains and history.  Sid Finster was a character in a book and there's a joke behind it.  Years ago,   we had an open mail box at work and my friend Scott and I knew that people liked to snoop.  So, we contrived to make fake reports that "Sid" wrote.  We had a history which involved Sid transferring from a facility back east.  Sid was a diligent employee and put in lots of reports.  For several months, Sid received notices from clerks "up top" in his mailbox as well as union postings, which had his name on it.  I brought in magazines that I left in Sid's box, as Sid liked to read on his lunch break.  I even left a few snacks for him to munch on.
.
Alas, we came to work one day and noticed that poor Sid had his name unduly ripped off.  He was gone...never to be mentioned again.  All of his paper work had been removed.  Just like that, he had vanished.   Poor Sid, there was no grievance process for him.   Should anybody read the wonderful book "Whatever Happened to the Class of 65" you will notice that we replicated the character on something that took place in the book.  I highly recommend this study of the sixties, which is a factual account of that era.

No comments:

Post a Comment