Friday, May 8, 2015

The Dot Chronicles

Yes, that's Dot lurking in an old poster I made.   The vet called the other day with the results of her biopsy and as I knew, the mass was malignant.  However, I was told it's a slow progressing type and not the sort that is apt to spread to other organs.  It will occur, but it will do so slowly.  She isn't in pain.  I asked how it was possible for it to have grown in a couple of hours and was told that it IS NOT.  What most likely took place is this....the mass was growing inside her nose.  Dot had a cold and when she sneezed, it caused the tumour to protrude and become visible.  I'd not heard her suffer from breathing issues, though.
.


2 comments:

  1. In a way, it's better then what I thought, as the vet said it wouldn't spread to other areas. Given her age, she's had a good life and she isn't in pain. It's slow moving, so I hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete