Saturday, July 24, 2010

A SAD LOSS



Before I explain my long absence (computer problems mainly), I found this and want to share it. This song was dedicated to a wonderful human being; a person I regret not getting to really know. He worked with us for a while before transferring. It was only upon his death that I learned that he too was a secret writer. He liked photography (although he had talent and I am merely interested). He read Dostoevsky.
While I was finding it increasingly difficult to show up for work, and life in general due to depression, he would have understood. As a child I loved to read "Anne of Green Gables." Like Anne, I was always on the lookout for "kindred spirits" (to use her line). What a missed opportunity. Now I will never be able to ask who his favourite poets were and why. Due to shift work, our paths crossed so infrequently. I am lamenting the loss his family feels and the waste in such a person passing, but I am also regretting my loss. How many people cross our path that could be somebody with whom we connect? Why do we continue to miss those chances?
I only hope that he managed to find some ease with himself at the end and peace.
In the meantime, this song was dedicated to him. The singer is Andrew Putt and the band is "Pardon My Striptease."

No comments:

Post a Comment