Thursday, July 29, 2010

NOT SLEEPING

I am too tired to write much. I'm on nights, not sleeping and it's hot. I did get the computer going, however. The upload thing spun for three days solid and kept turning the machine on and off. Finally, I figured it was going to crash anyways. I inserted the Installation DVD and pushed F12 reboot and something happened. Amazing.
I thought I'd list some stupid facts about myself, like I saw in a magazine article:
01) I love road trips and I have a thing for trains. I always haul my friend into train museums when we go on road trips. This is probably why he no longer books his vacation in conjunction with mine. He just doesn't get meaning out of the train with the big snow-plow in the front or the fancy-ass l950's ashtrays in the bar-car museum. If I had money, I'd love to travel across the country by train.
02) One of my photos ran on the mainpage of the "Coast-to-Coast" AM show. That's the Art Bell show, which is usually hosted by others now. Yes, I listen when I can. I guess my favourite guest is Richard Hoagland and yes, I have checked out his Enterprise website. I admit it. I'm a night-owl and a talk show person.
03) I once won a contest, as a kid, in one of those teen fan magazines. It was a big deal at the time. I got my name in the magazine, won a bit of money, a little card with an autograph and a record (a big round thing that looks like a frisbee).
04) When I was a student I had a car I couldn't afford gas for. On the rare occasions that I drove it, I would go out with a friend. Sometimes, I drove a guy she liked home. He went on to found a record company with grammy winners. Ah, my link to the rich and famous. I had a life back then.
05) I once fell into an open sewer grate. I stepped into what I thought was a puddle, and kept on going. Good thing I was holding my Mother's hand, as she yanked me back up. It was the start of my plumbing problems. I flushed a toilet in a train station (yes, trains again) in Europe as a kid, and it blew some major pipe and there was about three inches of water in a minute. As an exhange student, the first thing I did was ask to use the washroom. When I flushed, the lid blew off and water shot up and hit the ceiling. I had to figure out how to say "Il existe une probleme avec la toilette" in a hurry. I have purchased my own wire plumbing snake, rubber gloves and plunger and know how to use them.
06) I had planned on going to the Quebec Legislative Assembly building one morning to take some photos and have breakfast. I had been there earlier to sit in on the days hearing (I was a political science minor). The weather that day was crappy and my camera was cheap so I went to the mall instead. Once at the mall, I noted people around the tv store crying and watching. A guy had gone on a shooting rampage and he'd started outside the entrance to the dining area.
Well, I am hoping the Gravol has kicked in. It'll be a long shift with no sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment