Saturday, December 31, 2011

THE LIST OF BANNED WORDS FOR 2012


The list of the ten words that should be banned in 2012 is out and I am happy---no thrilled--to see that "baby bump" is on there. I am loathe to type it for fear of it being more than this keyboard being able to take and it exploding into a fireball. I hate that word. No, I am not one to think that we need to return to those days where Ricki and Lucy had a nightstand between them and they couldn't say the word "pregnant" on national television. I just despise that word. It's a ridiculous and manufactured and overly cute word. I would rather that they say somebody is "expecting" or even that "the rabbit died." I suspect, however, that most people would need to be told why the rabbit died (it wasn't for the fondue) and why a cute little pink stick didn't suffice.
So....a toast....to never hearing that word again in 2012.

2 comments:

  1. The first time and only time I ever heard anyone use "the rabbit died" was on a rerun of the Dick VanDyke Show. Can we replaced baby bump with "up the stick"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That word is still here, so yes...good choice.

    ReplyDelete