Monday, December 15, 2014

Scott D. Covey: To one of the Dead Cities

Scott D. Covey: To one of the Dead Cities:     There are still areas in Russia that are forbidden to tourists. But then those areas are pretty much forbidden to locals too. Some ar...

.

.

In my blog, I've mentioned my friend Scott before.  Well, I have to say that I miss him.  You see, Scott decided that he'd had enough of the "Bleak House" and opted  to make a major change in his life.  If you read his blog, he will tell you why.  Scott wrote a moving account of his recognition that he had PTSD.  Knowing him, it was probably a very hard thing to concede.  He met Inga, who I consider one of the greatest catches a guy could have.  She's also become a great friend.
.

Being open to new ideas (or maybe it's ADD), Scott and Inga decided to take a chance, sell their stuff, and head to Russia.  Despite all the warnings about imminent disaster that the papers broadcast in this part of the world,  they packed up and left.  He has been blogging about being an English speaking only (though trying), Canadian in Russia.  He contrasts what the media tells you with his experiences.
.

He's a born raconteur and I hope he starts to work on his second novel soon.  If you're unfamiliar with him, he wrote "Grey Redemption" a number of years ago.

.

I've reposted this blog, as this was a place I had not really heard much about.  It's an interesting read and you should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment