Thursday, December 18, 2014

Today's Pet Peeve

.....Okay, maybe this annoyance has been going on for a while.  I love Youtube, but I wish they would fix their advertisement problem.  They claim that they are geared towards ones search history.  Then why is it that I kept getting a commercial for chickens?  I've been a vegetarian for over two decades and I've never looked up a recipe for that item.  Unlike many people who are vegetarian for health reasons, I am one on ethical grounds.  I won't wear leather or use silk either.  But, once again, I digress.   I merely want to stress the fact that I am the last person who should be on the receiving end of these ads. 
.
.....The commercial was annoying, so I took it upon myself to go to their website and broadcast the Paul McCartney video on the evils of chicken production.  I never got the video again.  I was also on the receiving end of an infomercial as to the benefits of using a nearby divorce lawyer.  Odd, since I have never been married.  Never lived with anybody.  Never considered putting the cats up for adoption, even.  Where was this coming from?  Likewise the endless repeat of some used kids clothing store.  Perhaps somebody considers the cats children?
.
.
.....The absolute worst, however, is the exercise belt that is on some ninth circle of hell repeat.  It comes on twice as loud as whatever I happen to be watching, and it comes on ALL THE TIME.  It stalls the program I am watching, which will then have to be refreshed and restarted. 
.                        
 .....There's no way the product is believable, considering one of the spokespeople is a woman who has more silicone in her lips then my tires do.  In fact, she regularly makes every single list of stars who have ruined their faces with plastic surgery.  All I want to do when this stupid exercise belt comes on is hang myself with it. Although I went to my profiles and changed how my searches were used in terms of Ads, I still get the belt of torment  every ten minutes.  This in spite of the fact I have never looked up  sports  equipment.    Who knows?  Maybe they target people who've written about eating disorders.  If so, that's pretty twisted.  What I now do is log out when I want to watch videos, so that I am incognito.    The adverts may be in another language, but it's better then hearing that dreadful music again or "this is the button" and having to stare at Lisa's trout pout.

No comments:

Post a Comment