Thursday, January 22, 2015

Explain this....

I try to support Canadian companies whenever I can.  Far too often they go out of business, but I have to concede that there's often a reason they do so.  I find it hard to comprehend why Amazon.ca  carries such limited stock.  I've received "you may be interested in" notices for the most bizarre items, such as yard implements.  God knows how expensive the delivery would be.  I've usually only ever ordered books and CD's, so why they think I'd order lawn clippers is curious.  Then, there's the cost.  They are way more expensive then their U.S. counterparts.  Here is an example.  I was looking at a Canadian book today.  This is not the first time I've come upon this.   I love Amazon.Com.  I want to support the Canadian counterpart, but they need to get it together.
.
.
I left a note with the Canadian site on the "report a lower price" section.  I'll update if something happens.
By the way, I once tried to order a book in the local mall, which carries endless copies of "Chicken Soup for the Soul."  That should tell you all that you need to know about that book store.  I tried to engage the clerk in a conversation about some author and she had no clue what I was talking about.  She then told me it would take a couple of months to get the book in.  I went with Amazon.
.
UPDATE....Amazon.ca must have acted on my message, as when I checked back the book was no longer listed for sale.   It was still available on the American site as originally priced.   Good work, Amazon, on taking action.

No comments:

Post a Comment