Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Found Items (Old Travel Brochure)

I had somebody bring this back for me when they went on a trip, as I collected them when I was young.  The bizarre thing?  People now sell them on Ebay.  Something else that I cannot figure out is the parking configuration on the cover.  There is no way that this could be a selling point, especially since people drank and drove at that time.   Furthermore, that was some walk from the lobby to the car.  Make sure to have a good look at the way the ground is painted under the vehicles.  Don't you dare park a Japanese modell on top of that!
.
.
Try doing that in disco heals.   Something tells me that people didn't stiff the valet at this hotel; none of the 'I'll take care of it myself," especially if they had luggage.
.
Then there's this lounge.  It looks very...how shall I say it,..Republican.
.
.
This is just the place that Pat Nixon would have met up with Trish after she'd had her hair blown out.  It was obviously okay to smoke back then (note the ashtrays).  I wonder how many people zoned out with a valium and a Scotch, then later made a vacation of it, years later, at The Betty Ford?  This photo looks like a clip from The Stepford Wives for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment