Saturday, October 17, 2015

One More Thing That Didn't Work Out

Show me the money!  I had written in a previous blog that I wanted to try para-gliding this year.  I am not crazy about heights but had forced myself in the last few years to do the Edge Walk outside the CN Tower and then sky diving last fall.  When I returned from my train trip, the weather went bad, with steady rain.  And for some reason, my pay cheques didn't show up.  It figures, right?  I've forced myself to go on vacation, despite the headaches, as I've only had a few and my depression was deepening as a result.  I just never got away.
.
Now, I recently had an issue that took over half a year to resolve.  I kept having the work computer tell me that my birthday wasn't my birthday, which prevented me from signing up to a new program that was mandated.  It turned out that the numerical number one kept getting switched over to the letter "l."  They took screen shots of it, as it was a new problem and don't ask me---I've blogged before about my feelings on Microsoft.  Don't get me going.   I tried to order new work supplies and suddenly found out that I didn't even exist---there was no record of me, despite having worked there forever.  I guess it's the domino effect.
.
The money will show up, or so they tell me.   In the meantime, the timing wasn't the best.  I just got back from vacation and Christmas is fast approaching.  My migraine meds cost sixteen dollars a pill, and they aren't even mind altering or pain killing.  It's just another thing that didn't work out for me.
.
So no---I didn't wimp out.  I really did want to give it a shot.   And hey, if my "birthday isn't my birthday," could they at least provide me with the juviderm to make me look younger?

No comments:

Post a Comment