Monday, October 5, 2015

Scene / Seen (Thirty One Days of Halloween) - Knock on This Door

I knew I had seen this building before and sure enough, I rewatched the old film Niagara with Marilyn Monroe.  It's not quite film noir, but it's still good.  Yes..that's where it was.  I have this annoying OCD that I will remember that sort of stuff until the end of days, but I won't recall a person's name or dates.  I've got more shots of it, as I love old buildings.
.
I don't even want to think about what would happen if a person had vertigo on the day they went here.
.
This was a mining town and families used to live half way up the side of the mountain.
.
Here is another view of the Hedley Mine.  You can see the valley floor, way, way below.  It's a fascinating tour for geeks like myself.  On the drive up, the little bus goes around numerous switch backs and at times, you can see straight down.  I'll post more shots in the future, as it's a fascinating tour.  A word of warning---there are five hundred steps down to get to the buildings.   This means that there are five hundred steps back up.

1 comment: