Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Christmas Anti-Cheer (music only)



`
Just a brief note. No big surprise, but Microcrap has not been working again. I've got to take photos of it and post it, as nobody believes me. In the past, it knocked me off my connection (via the phone company) and stuck me onto a broadband. This was a totally different system then the high-speed I was paying for. I've posted photos of it. Now, it states that I am not connected to any network at all. When I ran a diagnostic test, it said something about my wireless device, etc. Well, this isn't a laptop...it hasn't magically transformed itself. When I could log on, it would take forever to load and if I tried to sign into my blog, I'd get the "Internet Explorer" cannot open this site message. Sorry about the rant; it's either that or eat Haagen-Daz.
`
On top of that, I just got off work this morning and it's been a bad week at The Bleak House. There's a snowfall warning in effect and we just got rid of the arctic outflow warning. That Christmas shopping I was going to do? Good luck on that if it doesn't stop snowing.
`
On a worrisome note, my mother is not doing well. I know that the measurements differ in the U.S., but in Canada, her blood sugar reading was 20 when she woke up. A few months ago, it was 2.8. She eats well and is not overweight, so this inability to control her recently diagnosed diabetes is very bad. I need to get out there to see her.
`
So, here's a song from ages ago to drown out the cheer and bliss blasting from all the mall's loud speakers.
`I can never figure out which lines I like the best in here, there are so many:
`````They all got wrecked and laughed too loud,
`````I started to feel queasy in the crowd,
`````I caught a cab, back to my flat.
`````And wept a bit, and fed the cat.
`
Ah yes, the Christmas songs have descended upon us. I used to post this on my answering machine each year, but the new digital one won't allow for such nonsense. I get nothing but feedback (although, as I wrote, said feedback deters hyped up telemarketers).
`
A holiday song about being broke, boyfriends who book it, killing a tree of 97 years---it's a great protest song to the usual false joy. Besides, I totally related to the line "Good morning, Midnight, it's Christmas," as I'm always invariably working the night shift when it rolls in.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your mother. I hope she gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It snowed today, so it was out. I talked to her and she'd gone to some clinic and she said they'd given her some eating guideline and new insulin meds (again).

    ReplyDelete