Monday, November 8, 2010

ONE MORE FOR 'MOTHER OF THE YEAR'



Ten-day-old baby dies after going through entire spin cycle in washing machine Mail Online

````It seems as though everytime I read the paper there's some horrid story about animal abuse. I cannot go there, as I'm too depressed already, and it just drags me further down. But, I read this story and I like blogging about crime. Here's a woman who should have had her tubes tied. In fact, her own family had gone to the courts a while ago and were so concerned about her children that they had tried to have her parental rights taken away from her. The courts had ruled in her favour. I certainly hope that judge has to answer for this, but I highly doubt it. When things go bad the little people are held accountable, but never those sitting on the actual throne.
`````Ms Fidler had been caught using crystal meth when she was four months pregnant with her third child. One only has to wonder how her other two children make out on a daily basis. She has had other arrests in the past as well. I am certain that getting caught is only the tip of the iceberg.
`````After her daughter was born, a family member went to check up on her. They had expressed concern over her past conduct and her ability to properly look after the child, who was ten days old. When the woman entered the room, she found Ms Fidler passed out and heard a strange noise coming from the washing machine. She described it on one news site as the sound a machine makes when the spin cycle is out of balance, and opened the lid to make it stop. When she did so, she spotted the body of the baby inside the washing machine. Needless to say, 911 was phoned but there was nothing that could be done. The baby had been inside the spin cycle for 40 minutes. The scene was so upsetting that seasoned paramedics and police officers broke out in tears. How they managed to restrain themselves from throttling this woman is beyond me. I give them credit for being professional.
`````This is where I begin to highly doubt her story. The blame is being placed upon a crystal meth binge. Yes, that would inspire her to start to clean the house, as compulsive behaviour is engaged in. However, she was described as being found "passed out". Look at the mug shot of her---her eyes are that of a person who is on an opiode substance. Users of speed are hyper and they do not pass out. My question is the following: did she kill the child out of frustration and then come up with this story, or was she using multiple substances?
`````No matter what, this woman shouldn't even be allowed to own a goldfish. Being high is not an excuse. I hope my computer lasts long enough to follow up on this one. Again, kudos to the medical personnel and cops for not killing her. Yes, it's their job, but we're all human and we have our limits.

2 comments:

  1. I my foot would have had an accident involving her head. You know like shaking out a very bad foot cramp over and over again.

    I hope you do buy another computer cause if you don't I'll miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually the one who'll miss reading people's blogs and getting insight into new books and such. Thanks to my migraines I'm stuck on this vampire shift and I don't sleep.

    ReplyDelete