Monday, November 1, 2010

UPDATE ON THE AMAZON ISSUE


Success! Some time ago I wrote of my many attempts to order books from Amazon, which failed due to Microsoft, thankyou, very much. Because Amazon could not confirm with my e-mail account they wouldn't ship to me. I managed to rectify the problem by opening a g-mail account and closing the old one. I'm not holding my breath that this account or computer will last much longer, but in the meantime, I look forward to reading the following:
01) Little Girl Blue: The Life of Karen Carpenter-Randy L Schmidt
02) Wartime Diary-Simone de Beauvoir
03) Thin-Grace Bowman (memoir on anorexia)
04) Raven: The Untold Story of The reverand Jim Jones and His People-Tim Reiterman
05) A Dangerous Liaiason: A Revelatory New Biography of Simone de Beauvoir and Jean Paul Sartre-Carole Seymour-Jones
06) More, Now, Again-Elizabeth Wurtzel (memoir on addiction)
I guess it's pretty obvious somebody's dance card is hardly full. I've said it before that I'd support my local bookstore if they'd stock these books, but all they have is Chickensoup for the Soul in all its incarnations. Its biography section is limited to items about the monarchy.
.
(Photo found on the internet, artist unknown. The search was for costumes of previous times.)

1 comment: