Monday, November 8, 2010

NORTON TRIED TO RIP ME OFF


PHOTO FOUND ON WEB---ATTRIBUTED TO---DAVIDSON (LAST NAME LISTED ONLY)
`
`````There was a message on my computer this morning from Norton that my subscription had expired. I knew that I had about 200 days left. I checked and it was l98 or l99 to be exact. There was a big RENEWAL square that they wanted me to tick. I wonder how many people just tick off that box without thinking or checking.
`````I sent Norton a note telling them I was going to write a letter of complaint to a number of people including my credit card companies, as they insist on keeping credit card information on file for automatic renewals, and people cannot cancel their subscription if they cannot access their computers. It's not a fair practice. Thus, they'll get billed for a service they aren't even using.
`````This, in combination with the constant problem with Microsoft (who tried to install updates again last night), has me so peeved. I guess they hope the consumers crash their computers so that they buy new ones. Well, I refuse to do so. When this one dies, that's it. They can kiss my fat behind. As a matter of principle, I refuse to give any more money to the coffers. So, should I suddenly stop blogging one day, you'll know what took place. It's disgusting that they can get away with these practices because they basically have a monopoly. People tell me to get a MAC, but even those computers have parts from that other company, and they still make a profit. It's wrong; I paid for the product. They cannot turn it off on a whim. Up yours, Norton.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever take your computer to be looked at by a tech? Maybe they can fix it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It had crashed right after I got it, and it was a glitch in how it was made. The company's tech came to my house to fix it, as it was under warranty. They replaced parts, but wouldn't give me a new one. It's never been right. A lemon. Can't burn discs, download music, open many basic files, etc.

    ReplyDelete