Saturday, August 21, 2010

BIT


I went over to feed my friend's cat this morning. I had reported what I was doing at work last night, and one of my coworkers had met the monster at poker night. There was an inhallation of breath and a comment made, which I won't repeat in polite company. So, there I was...having worked a night shift. I was bent over and feeding him when he lunged. He knew I was vulnerable. At least there's a lot of folds in my work pants, so he mostly gripped material. However, he still bruised me. As with a German Sheppard attack dog, he got me above the knee too. No sissy ankle nips for this one. I spent three hours with him, to try to calm him down.

2 comments:

  1. Was this cat a feral? I never had a nasty cat in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's usually okay with me, but he gets into a frenzy when my friend goes away. He came from Petcetera's adoption centre, so we don't know much about him. We suspect that he may have been left alone, though, because of the way he acts. He doesn't like others, though. The photo is of one of my ferals (I didn't want to use a photo of his cat without permission). Ollie is good with me, but the only other human who's pet him is the vet, and that's when he's been knocked out. It took a while to calm this guy, but now he's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete