Tuesday, August 17, 2010

WHO KNOWS WHAT EVIL LURKS?


.....It's that time again; my friend is off on holidays and my duties have been called in to feed the beast. The house had recently been up for sale, and part of the understanding was that when people came to view the place, it had to be put in a crate and be removed from the premises. It wasn't enough to merely place him into another room.
.....I was actually around when the guy came to appriase the house, as my friend got called to work on some union business. The cat and I were getting along well. Then "He" came into the home and made the unfortunate error of announcing that he was somewhat afraid of cats. When the man was halfway up the stairs, the cat materialized like a scene out of any bad B movie ever watched and began to act out. This feline had obviously taken lessons in the Pia Zadora school of emoting. His eyes had gone as black as the shark in Jaws. He was howling like some soundtrack album purchased for Halloween night spookfests. The poor appraiser man stood stock still on the steps; he could move neither up, nor down. My friend returned at that moment and saved the day. Never, ever let them read your fear.
.....My friend who passed away last year (B) was helping me look after the cat once. The cat had been placed on a strict diet and my friend took pity on him. Hey, he was bad at control. Who was he to just say no? The cat was suppossed to have one third of a can of food a day, yet my friend gave him an entire can.
"You know, he's going to count the cans when he comes home," I said.
"I know that." said B. "I'm going to drive into town to buy more and replace them." That's exactly what he did too. They were a special item and he had to drive a fair distance to pick them up. He pulled the empties out of the garbage to make sure that he picked up and replaced the right flavour also, just in case the variety was checked. My friend (S) couldn't understand how his cat gained weight on his "diet". The cat never told and my friend took his story to his grave.
.....So, if I don't blog for a while, it's either the computer, or the monster got me.
By the way, the photo is of my dearly departed cat, Myron.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, kittys are never evil. I found some cat treats with catnip in them, the beastlings gobbled them down and have been acting space cadets.

    ReplyDelete