Tuesday, August 3, 2010

WHAT I AM LISTENING TO

I like music that speaks to me. This song does just that. I've had a friend with a drug problem. It's really difficult to watch them sink.
On another note, I want to add that many people who struggle with eating disorders also use substances. Some may cross over into misuse of them. Initially, they may begin using the drugs as a way to control their eating and help in their weight loss. They then find that they are addicted to the drug. In this case it is not true that "no man can be a slave to two masters." When it comes to the truly compulsive, they can become addicted to the substance and driven by the need to lose more weight. In the future I mean to blog about Topamax. While it is not physically or mentally addicting like coke, it is being misused by people to drop weight. "Thinspiration" sites are telling people how to find doctors that will prescribe this drug. By the way, it was found in the bodies of both Anna Nicole Smith and Brittney Murphy. It is a good drug for it's true purpose; not for misuse to lose weight by the already underweight.
Enjoy the song. It's by a Canadian band.

No comments:

Post a Comment