Friday, August 27, 2010

THANKS TO THAT STUPID COMPUTER COMPANY, I CANNOT ORDER BOOKS

A while back I had ordered a bunch of books from Amazon.com and they didn't show. I'd never had a problem with them before and I love their service, so I looked and there was no record of my order. I tried again. The same thing happened. The book store in my town carries row upon row of "Chickensoup for the Soul" tomes. I kid you not. Nothing too exciting and their biography section is limited to items about the monarchy and movie stars. I did try to order something there once and it was mass confusion with my one book, so I told them to just forget it. They didn't even know the author. I forget who it was, but it was somebody that anybody who works in a bookstore should know.
I was really looking forward to receiving these works and I suspect that I know what's going on. I think it's because I cannot get into my e-mail. I will start to download, and I will get bumped off. I've blogged ad-nauseum about my computer issues. For the uninitiated it somehow thinks my camera is now a scanner and I have to use my friend's MAC to put photos on-line. The other day I was checking out a site and it kept bumping me off while I was on it---telling me that Windows Explorer could not open that site and that it was aborting the operation. Well, I could see the site in the background, but the little display box kept insisting that I had to click on it. It then knocked me off. Idiots. The product is a lemon and it sucks.
So, Amazon, those people are not letting me spend hundreds of dollars at your site. This economy needs it. I'm jonesing for books. See, even my cat needs books(evidenced by the photo). I want to blog about those books. There's money in my VISA account. Just because those geeks in Seattle cannot get their product to work, please, please ship my goods to me. Can't you phone me to confirm my order?

1 comment:

  1. You're like me, I spend almost all of my hard earned money on books. For my barfday my mamala got me a B&N gift card for $150!!!

    On Monday I ordered a bunch of books and normally I get that stuff in two days, but they only sent one which I got yesterday and I'm still waiting for the rest. Good luck and if you ever get your computer to allow you to buy books again try Alibris.com You can find new books and used books in excellent condition for really cheap. But the S&H sucks.

    ReplyDelete