Saturday, April 4, 2015

An Update on the Patient

I stopped at the store on my way home and picked up some fish.  I carefully hid the pill within its contents, as Patches is a tuna fiend.  Somehow, he discerned the contraband and ate around it.  I therefore had to do the dirty deed and insert the pill manually.  This is a cat that has claws akin to the threads on those sports vehicles that race on the Siberian lakes  in winter.  (BTW, auto correct, why are you telling me that "lakes" is spelled wrong?)
.
.
Those talons  are almost as bad as some of the stiletto pointers I've seen on a few Maury episodes over the years.
.
However, nothing compares to the infamous "Ollie goes to the vet" moment where I had blood on me, the vehicle and my keys.  I had to duct tape the door of the carrier back on, as he'd kicked it off.  Ollie was a crazed Jack in the box.  I would put him in and he would fly back out.  Of course, this was witnessed by the other cats who couldn't figure out why I was torturing their buddy.  The vet and her assistant insisted, after realizing that it wasn't the cat that was injured, that I go to the back room and wash my wounds.  They wanted me to go to the hospital, but I have a good immune system.  Ollie, by this time, was a silent, hulking black mass in the cage.  He was weighed and there was amazement at his size---not that he was fat or anything---merely that he was so solid.
.
They agreed with me that he (Ollie) could not be pilled.  He was given a shot, even though it wasn't as effective.  It's interesting how quickly they learn that bad behaviour works.
.
On that note, I was punished for my sins.  The computer had been toyed with and the mouse was on the floor, along with a collection of papers.  The computer itself had been turned on.  I just hope they didn't order anything from MY Habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment