Saturday, April 11, 2015

Scene / Seen (To Quote Sylvia Plath amongst the tulip fields)

.
The temperature had dropped this morning and there was a cool breeze.  I had not slept much and the vestiges of the migraine from the other night lingered on.


The tulips are too excitable, it is winter here. --- Sylvia Plath



The tulips are too red in the first place, they hurt me.
Even through the gift paper, I could hear them  breath. --- Sylvia Plath

Their redness talks to my wound, it corresponds.
They are subtle:  they seem to float; though they weigh me down.
Upsetting me with their sudden tongues and their color. --- Sylvia Plath

They concentrate my attention, that was happy
Playing and resting without committing itself. --- Sylvia Plath



And I am aware of my heart: it opens and closes
Its bowl of red blooms out of sheer love of me.   
The water I taste is warm and  salt, like the sea.
And comes from a country far away as health. --- Sylvia Plath 
.
Many thanks to Sylvia Plath's poem "Tulips" and for it being just the right work  to strike my mind today
.
NO THANKS to this formatting system that would not work and I had to change things over and over.  If I click on one, why does it revert to another?  Why does it change colour and font size on its own?    Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment