Saturday, April 4, 2015

Forgive the Cat Rant---It's Not a Good Week

The last half a week has not been a good one.  Not only did I book off work at the start of the week due to headaches, but Patches (seen here, snuggling), got sick.  One night he was feeling fine.  He managed to jump onto the table to steal some food he was interested in.  The next day he couldn't walk.  His back legs were paralyzed and he tipped over when he tried to move.  He dragged himself out of his preferred case.
.
.
I contacted the vet and they did a variety of tests.  The upshot was that it could be a number of things.  I had to wait around for the test results and was dead tired, but relieved.  I had been convinced that I was going to have to put him down.     I am going to have to give him some pills to see if they help.  He had to go in two days in a row, as he was dehydrated and he received fluids.  At the moment, his mobility is better and I certainly hope he continues to improve.

Over the last couple of days I've spent so much time hugging him.  Poor Patches---he used to hate being fondled but accepted it like a trooper today.  In fact, I had four cats with me on the camping mattress I have to sleep on when I'm on shift.  I swear the other cats know he's ill too.  It was pretty crowded, but I actually didn't care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment