Monday, April 13, 2015

The Cat Lady Thing Again

The Male Cop that Rescues Cats
.
I saw this story some time ago and I had to laugh.  The guy is a hunk and seems like a genuinely nice person, which is more important.  I can only imagine the ribbing he initially took from his fellow staff,, but he obviously didn't care.  Good on him, as not only do animals need help, but cops certainly need  the P.R. boost.
.
After I read the story I predicted the outcome.  "Watch."  I told a few people.  "The women will go crazy for him."  Sure enough, Facebook blew up with not only gushing comments but even proposals!  I've paid my eighteen dollars to Datalounge for sometime, and I can verify that more then a few male hearts were also set a flutter.  
.
Therein lies the difference in the sexes.  I concede that I don't look hot and that I'm not as young as this guy.  At work I tend to be quite retiring.  But, it wouldn't make a world of difference.  For, as I've written  before, a guy will never be a crazy Cat Man or Dog Boy.  My brother has never been called out for the three large and overly hyper dogs and three cats that he has.  That would be because he is male and safely married with children.  My six cats, however, put me into the category of Crazy Cat Lady.   It doesn't matter what I do.  I've never had an imaginary friend in my life and I've certainly never had a conversation with myself.  I've not started up conversations with strangers.  Hey, I can fit into my "Seven For All Mankind" jeans and just might sport them with my Costume National jacket.  The only cat related clothing is a vest  that was gifted to me one Christmas and it's not left the house (sorry,  Mom).  Whatever the image is of us, be it Mrs Roper or a hoarder dead until a pile of debris, if it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander.
.
Men will not be called Crazy Dog Guy even if they take their dogs (plural) out and let them bound over complete strangers.  They can dress badly in ball caps and pyjama bottoms  when they walk them and nothing is said.  If I took my cat everywhere, I'd be perceived as neurotic rather then affable and a "good guy."  Cut me the same slack---I've got a bawdy sense of humour, I love Monty Python and I'm also independent.  That's the Cat Ladies I know.  They got  the extra baggage because the people around them were too cheap to neuter their pets.
.
Whatever people want to call them----Cat Ladies, Hunky Guy Who Rescues Cats---just give them a hand in supporting the brood.  It does make a difference, as these once feral kittens at my work site can prove.

No comments:

Post a Comment