Sunday, April 26, 2015

Another Case of Deja-Vu Gets Solved

A couple of posts ago I wrote about solving a case of 'deja-vu."  Well, here it is again.  I've been scanning old photos in order to fix some of them up.   I've posted these two before, but when I was going through the albums, it really hit me:
.



When I was a child, my Dad took the above four shots:  the ship we came to Canada on and Quebec City.
I've always had a sense of "being home" when I go to Quebec---that sense of really knowing this place.  And of course I do; it's one of my earliest and strongest memories.    I love the city of Quebec and have returned there a few times.  I never tire of standing on the boardwalk and looking out at the St. Lawrence River.
The shots below were taken on recent trips and it is in these pictures that it really hits you.  On my last visit in September 2014, my friend and I took a boat cruise.  I stood again on the deck of a ship as it  sailed by an image I will never forget.  I was on the deck of the Alexander Pushkin and spotted the St. Foy bridge in the distance.  It was an optical illusion, but I was certain, as the child I was, that we wouldn't clear it.

So, there  it is....another case solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment