Tuesday, April 28, 2015

I'm Not Buying This One...

When I went to bed after my shift on Saturday, my cat did not have this thing growing on her nose.  She'd been sneezing a bit and seemed out of sorts.  I had slept badly and was hustling to get ready for my shift when I saw that somehow, in the space of a few hours, Dot had developed a growth.  I initially thought she might have scratched herself because of her cold.  I investigated and saw that this thing was firmly attached to her nose; it was a mass.  I  phoned the vet on Monday and she went, very begrudgingly, for her consultation today.  The vet agreed with me that it did look like a tumour.  The mass was removed and has been sent off for a biopsy as I write this.  I'm hoping it's benign.
.
How does a tumour develop in the space of a few hours?  This comes on the heals of Patches, who also had a bit of a cold, losing the use of his hind legs in a short space of time.
.
I asked the vet if it could be the food.  I wanted to know if it was possible that, since the cats had a cold and thus a lower immune system, that the food product basically launched an attack?   I had purchased an item a while ago that was new to their diet, but the vet said it was probably a coincidence.  I am not convinced.  I've warned the people I know, who love their pets,  that it might be in their best interests to avoid that brand.  I can't prove it.  I certainly can't name it on this site.
.
Just be careful.   Stick to your usual product and love your menagerie, whatever your beasties of choice might be.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of your fur babies health issues. I hope they recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. They are both old, but there's no way she should have had a tumour grow that quickly. Her appetite is good and she's drinking normally, so I hope this will be the last of it.

    ReplyDelete