Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Scene / Seen (The Unexplained Photos of Old)

Do you ever wonder what people would think should they stumble upon your photos years from now?  Would they come to the conclusion that you took pictures of what was important to you?  It's not always a correct assumption.  For instance, I've got shots that feature an assortment of building entrances in the West End of Vancouver.  No...I wasn't casing out the joints and I'm not an architect.  I was taking a course on how building design and locale impacted upon crime rates.   I guess people could conclude that I'm somewhat of a geek, given my penchant for museums and trains.   But, what to make of these?  I have been scanning family items and in so doing, I unearthed a cross section of items (yes, lots of cats).
.

Here we have a number of vehicles, all in a grey cast, driving through an active fountain.  For some reason it's located in the middle of a wide freeway and there's a plane there too. 
Is this Ramses Moderne?

.
These are photos of the actual Space Station.    Somebody might ask if I'm a Sci-Fi fan.  Finally, who is the elderly gentleman below and why is he standing in front of a steam train?
.

.
The Answer:  All of these are  photos from the World"s Fair, where the theme happened to be "transportation and communication."

No comments:

Post a Comment