Friday, December 3, 2010

COMPARE THE STORY WITH THE VIDEO(The headline is taken directly from the paper)


Is Pete Doherty paying the price for his hedonistic lifestyle? Troubled rocker appears bloated at his jewellery launch
(Thus ran the headline in the paper. The link will still not work for me.)


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1334984/Pete-Doherty-appears-fat-bloated-jewellery-launch-Notting-Hill.html#ixzz175NR095I

This is attempt number two, as my computer would not let me provide a link earlier. The Daily Mail ran this photo and headline, along with a story, about Pete Doherty's new line of jewelery. The writer seemed to focus more on his appearance then the aesthetic value of his first line. Have a look at the video, obviously taken at about the same time, and note how different he looks.

4 comments:

  1. I love me some Dreamy. I think this is the healthiest he has looked in the whole entire time I've known of him. I hope he can kick the drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to compare how different two stories could be and how slanted they are, as I am very conscious of weight (and sobriety). I hope he sticks to it to. Can you imagine what he'll come up with if he really and truly feels his pain and emotions instead of numbing them? I think he'll be a good fiction writer as well as poetry writer(his poems were brought up in a documentary I saw). It's hard to stick to it, however, when surrounded by people who want to drag you down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures I saw of him from this event weren't bad at all. The media just needed something to bitch about that day. Plus I love a man with a deathly pallor to him. That's right I ain't right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pale skin too---no fake tan for me. Perhaps I was warped by my early love of B movies and the Hammer Productions starring Christopher Lee as Dracula. Think "Bela Legosi's Dead" (Bauhaus) and that would be Mr Right---nice suit, cheekbones and European accent.

    ReplyDelete