Friday, December 3, 2010

TIME TO FIND THAT NINA HAGEN COLLECTION



I started to blog about Pete, uploaded, and revised. If you look at the time, you'll notice it took about an hour. Well, the neighbour is still running and revving his car; he does this a lot. He doesn't work on it---I could understand that. It's usually the pickup truck; he starts it up and just lets it run. Running vehicles have that really annoying low bass sound.
`
I've mentioned him briefly before (the pressure washing of the cement ad nauseum). I have never seen him wear anything except the same pair of sweat pants and t-shirt. I wouldn't bring this up if it weren't for the fact that he gives me the side eye about the fact that "my cement has gone dark. I must have moss on my cement." Yes, his exact words. I can see him casting the stink eye my way each time he looks at me for some indiscretion involving the lawn or the cement. He must have been waiting for me to complain, as he caught me with this missive as I dragged my garbage outside one morning at 0700 hours.
`
Buddy, some of us work full time. He claims to work, but he does so only about one or two months a year. The rest of the time he seems to tinker. A lot of people in my area are like that. Men, when they don't have anything better to do and they have a redneck background, will mess around with power tools or pickup trucks. The guy behind me cut down every living thing in his yard. He'd then start up the chain saw just for the fun of it. In fact, he'd start that puppy up at three in the morning.
`
There was a wonderful grey stray around that used to visit me. I say "there used to be" as he just disappeared one day. The neighbour used to complain to me about the cat, as he obviously thought the cat was mine. Kitty "went" (i.e. did what cats will do) in his yard. The orange and white stray that I used to feed has also vanished.
`
The next time some guy maligns women for doing uncreative activities like watching Oprah, just think of the worthwhile contribution that sitting in the car for two hours and running it adds to the world, as it's now about that amount of time that pollutants have been escaping into our atmosphere.
`
Yes, as soon as spring hits I think I have to open the window and play Nina Hagen; the collection that has "Smack Jack" on it and the song with the lyrics about "the ufo's
picking us up." Check it out on Youtube if you want to know what awaits his ears.
`
Vengence is mine (and I won't do anything about the darkening cement either).

3 comments:

  1. Great picture, I could care less about what my yard or sidewalk looks like. Neigbors stink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss this cat; I think of him every day. This was in a series of photos where my friend was playing the "box game." The cat would hide in the box and pop out when my friend ran his hand over the lid. He just got a bit carried away and I snapped at the right moment. The next photo actually features blood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when cats attack from boxes and other hiding places. Speaking of if you can find Ride of the Valkyries to blast that's a good one to piss the neighbors off with. That one works every time.

    ReplyDelete