Tuesday, December 7, 2010

WHERE'S THE BLACK VELVET PAINTING?



I laughed so hard watching this that my lazy, fat cat actually woke up and meandered over to the food bowl.
A couple of points. I found this couch strangely familiar; I swear some relative has this in their downstairs den, only I cannot remember which one.
Somebody really got ripped off on that bag of dope, as it's mostly twigs. This reminds me of senior year, when somebody I knew sold a naive kid in grade eight a bag of cat-nip. The person swore they got really high off the goods, too.
Another clue that one has entered a den of impropriety might be empty pizza boxes and some slacker lazing on that avacado green sofa watching Springer reruns.
Whoever the "perp" is, he's going to get lung cancer. Smoking dope is the least of his health concerns.
All in all, this was almost as funny as one of my favourite "Hawaii Five-O" episodes, in which Danno is undercover and trying to fit in with the young crowd. Of course, in his attempt to be hip and happening on the beach, he's wearing his suit and short haircut in the late 60's or early 70's or whenever that show was filmed. Ah, gee, do you think he might be a "narc?"

2 comments:

  1. This makes me think of the Dragnet episode where Jack Webb goes into the evil lear of an acid dealer. They have a very dry debate over LSD use, it was great. I knew someone in high school that was sold cat nip too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love B-movies, and those anti-drug television films are great. They always had a soundtrack of music that nobody really listened to and a scene where somebody went through a window. The Quincy episode about the evils of punk rock is superb too.

    ReplyDelete