Monday, December 27, 2010

EVIL CAUGHT ON CAMERA






This time, the bad guy confessed. Quite frankly, I'm sure that he did it not out of any concern for the victims or their family. Sociopaths have no empathy. This guy wanted the fame (or rather, infamy), of being known as the "Crossbow Killer." His name is all over the papers in England. Without doing these crimes, he would never have achieved any sort of recognition on his own wherein his name would have become known. At the age of 40, he was still working towards his PhD in Psychology. His field of study was serial killers. Something tells me that his research would never have warranted any write-ups in academic journals.
He posted photos of himself shirtless on websites. On the surface, he appeared to be clean cut. Look a little deeper, and he had issues. He had a violent past. He had assaulted his previous girlfriends, to the point that one lived in fear of him. He had been caught shop-lifting and had slashed the throat of somebody. I would suggest that such an act is attempted murder, no? As late as l992, he had held a knife to a girl. Yet, he was still allowed to enter and pursue academic work in Psychology. I have to ask if somebody would, at some point, have allowed this man to set up shop and practice? One has to wonder if he didn't study psychology because he wanted to figure out what was wrong with himself. Perhaps there was something wrong in the family, early on, as his mother was convicted of benefits fraud (what they call welfare or social assistance).
I've blogged in the past about the missing women in the downtown Eastside of Vancouver. Because of their lifestyle and line of work, it was all to easy for so many of them to disappear before anybody paid attention. People saw them as a "vice" and not as a person. They became a stereotype and were judged as leading to their own demise.
I want people to look at these photos and think of what it must have been like for this woman, and for the others that he killed. Had this video surveillance not caught him, he would have gone on to do it again. In fact, only hours after killing, he tried to pick up another woman. She picked up bad "vibes" and left. I've also written of those "vibes"; those feelings that animals certainly have and we has humans do too. At times we don't want to be rude, and we override that sense which tells us to "get out of Dodge." That gut feeling is there for a reason---there are bad people in this world who mean us harm. Listen to that voice. Some of them look like really clean-cut people.
This guy was a student, who might have gone on to instruct, had he not been caught. Yet, he ate his victims; raw and cooked. Frankly, I think anybody who meets a stranger online is engaging in very risky conduct. He killed people in an apartment in a civilized city of millions. If that doesn't give people pause to think, I don't know what will.

2 comments:

  1. I always trust my gut instincts, maybe thats why I don't have any friends. Ha ha. But seriously this is sad. On another sad note I found out today that a former acquaintance was beaten so badly she suffered severe head trauma. I hope the person who did it gets his ass beaten so badly in prison.

    On a more personal note I hate those fucking CCTV cameras, they fucked my world up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the person will be okay and that her memory isn't affected. I also hope she doesn't get post concussion trauma, which can change a person's personality. I blogged about somebody a while back---he was beaten so badly he was left for dead (more in the comments section). He was okay intelligence-wise, but has 9 titanium plates in his face and has double vision now. The douche who did it got very little time.
    I hate those cameras too, because here, all they use them for is to get the person who goes through a yellow light. Sometimes, that's the only way you can turn, and the asshole in front of you was way to slow turning.

    ReplyDelete